NAKANO offers the very best in Natural and Seasoned Rice Vinegars. NAKANO is a proud member of the Mizkan Americas, Inc. family of products. NAKANO Rice Vinegar products are manufactured from real, whole grain rice and are naturally brewed in the traditional Mizkan manufacturing process that began in Japan more than 200 years ago.
We received a variety of the Rice Vinegar at no cost in exchange for an honest review.
Eating healthy during the warmer months can be a challenge, but by starting small and making incremental changes to a current diet, a healthy lifestyle can be achieved.
Below are tips for a healthier summer from registered dietitian nutritionist Dawn Jackson Blatner.
1. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and keep skin looking its best. Plus, hydration is a secret weapon for staying focused and energized.
2. Drink green tea rather than sweet tea. Sweet tea has a lot of sugar and calories, which is the last thing you want weighing you down in the summer. Instead, drink unsweetened green tea which is full of healthy compounds, like catechins, that give your metabolism a boost.
3. Make smoothie pops. Drinking smoothies is all the rage, but in the summer, freeze your favorite fruit and veggie smoothies into popsicles for a wholesome and refreshing treat.
4. Snack smarter. Keep cut-up seasonal vegetables such as cucumbers, bell peppers, zucchini and carrots in resealable containers for easy grab and go snacking. Splash on NAKANO Rice Vinegar to all of your veggies for a super flavor boost.
5. Stay balanced. Fill your plate with half veggies, a quarter lean protein and a quarter of whole grains for a balanced meal. This will keep energy levels up so you can enjoy more summer fun.
6. Grill fruit for dessert. When your sweet tooth needs a treat, grill seasonal fruits like peaches, plums and pineapple for dessert. The heat of the grill brings out even more of fruit’s natural sweetness.
7. Enjoy light, but flavorful meals. Check out Dawn’s recipe below for grilled fish tacos, created exclusively for NAKANO Rice Vinegar.
My husband loves to cook, and he's always looking for new products and foods to try. He likes to use vinegar in some of his recipes. In the past couple years he has discovered Rice Vinegar, and really likes the varieties available. We received these Rice Vinegars from Nakano, and he couldn't wait to start using them. We have used these different flavors on chicken, pork, and on potatoes so far and we love the added flavor these give to different foods. We have used the Original flavor on meats, and my husband loves the Roasted Garlic and the Red Pepper on his fried potatoes and french fries. I do not have a love of vinegar like he does, however I have to admit that these Rice Vinegars really add some great flavor, and don't make me wrinkle my nose like regular vinegar does.
Asian-style Grilled Fish Tacos
Makes: 8 Tacos
3 tablespoons NAKANO Natural Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
3 cups shredded cabbage (purple and/or Napa)
1 cup shredded carrot (3 carrots)
1/4 cup chopped green onions (3 green onions)
1/4 cup thinly sliced radish (2 radishes)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
8 corn tortillas, warmed
3/4 pound (12 ounces) white fish, grilled
1 avocado, sliced
In a large bowl, whisk NAKANO Rice Vinegar, tamari, honey and sesame oil. Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, radish, cilantro and toss to coat veggies.
Top warm tortillas with fish, slaw and avocado. Serve extra slaw on the side.
Time saver: Use 4 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix instead of cabbage and carrots.
Win a selection of Nakano Rice Vinegar