With spring-time weather around the corner, it’s important that we are aware of the tiny creatures that incur an estimated $5 billion in property damage each year: termites. Warm temperatures, rain and humidity lure termites from their nests and their damage – rarely covered by home insurance—accounts for more than storms, fires, and floods combined.
Having all necessary information is the first line of defense in combatting springtime pests. Truly Nolen has all the tools you need to treat and avoid termite infestations.
Below is a list of tools I received to use and review at no cost
· Truly Nolen stress ball to keep you calm while preparing for this year’s termite season.
· Small wrench to tighten your pipes. Remember, termites love moisture!
· Number 2 pencil. Mud tunnels are pencil-sized tubes that protrude from a house’s exterior walls and serve as an environment of protection and moisture for termites.
· Measuring tape so you can be sure that your home has the recommended minimum of 6 to 8 inches between ground level and porch steps, lattice work, door or window frames, etc.
· Small flashlight to help you search for rippled or sunken traces behind wall coverings, which are indicative of termite infestation.
I'm one of those women that never really gives pests or bugs much thought, until I see them or see their damage, and then I flip my lid. Now that we are renting a really nice house down here in FL I'm very OCD about pests and anything that will affect my beautiful house. Did you see above where it says warm temps, rain and humidity? I'm in the capital of all three of those! My husband is in charge of anything outside the house, so this little kit, especially the flashlight and measuring tape, will come in handy for him. My boys think the little wrench is adorable, and I'll use the stress ball while worry about whether or not we have any pest issues! LOL. We will definitely be speaking with our landlord about how he handles pest control here and what we need to watch for and let him know about. I'm so glad I got the chance to work with Truly Nolen. They have helped us educate ourselves on termites and pest control. Check them out for yourself and keep your home healthy and beautiful!
Visit the Truly Nolen Website and check out all the different services they offer to make your home pest and termite free!