Have you ever heard a word that “triggered” you to sing a song? If so, then YOU are Spontuneous! One player says a word and the race is on for the others to sing a song containing that word. Don’t worry though, talent is NOT required!
Some Spontuneous facts!
• Interactive party game for all ages (9 & Up)
• Hilarious G- rated fun
• Self-generated words promote thinking/strategy
• Improves word association & memory recall skills
• Encourages social interaction
• Timeless entertainment; every game is unique & never grows old
• Crosses all genres of music; all ages can play together
• Affordable entertainment for the whole family
• Recently won The National Parenting Council Seal of Approval (TNPC)
• Recently won PAL Award – Play Advances Language (awarded by a speech pathologist of 35 years)
• Recently won PTPA Seal of Approval – Parent Tested Parent Approved
• Dr. Toy’s Best Vacation Products Winner
• Creative Child Magazine’s Creative Toy Awards – 2011 Game of the Year
• Mom’s Choice – Gold Award
SPONTUNEOUS® Basic Rules:
Object: To stump the other players from being able to sing a portion of ANY song containing your
Trigger-Word! The 1st player to reach Finish WINS!
1. Think of a song you know, choose a word (not a phrase) from those lyrics and write it down on your Hit-List. This word is called a Trigger-Word. Think of another song and repeat.
2. Play begins once all players have written down a few (3 to 5) Trigger-Words.
3. Once all players have at least 3-5 Trigger-Words, play is started by the first Tunesmith.
4. The other players race against each other to SING a 5-word portion of ANY song containing the given Trigger-Word.
5. The 1st player to BEGIN singing BEFORE the time expires rolls both dice and advances on the treble
6. If time expires and everyone is stumped, the Tunesmith must flip the timer and prove they know a
song by singing a 5-word portion of lyrics containing their own Trigger-Word.
7. If the Tunesmith CAN prove it, they roll both dice and advance. If they CANNOT prove it, they must roll both dice and move backwards.
8. The person to the left of the original Tunesmith becomes the next Tunesmith and attempts to stump
the others with a Trigger-Word from their own Hit-List. The Tunesmith position ALWAYS rotates clockwise.
9. If a player lands on a Spontuneous Treble Clef, they must draw a Spontuneous® Card and complete
10. The 1st player to reach finish and complete the Spontuneous® Challenge WINS!
My Family’s Review
My family is big on music. We listen to a wide variety of music from Country to Pop to Rap. So we were excited to get and try Spontuneous. My boys are only 5 and 7 but even they were able to play along and had a lot of fun with this! We had a few false starts but we got the hang of it after a few tries. My husband does not get into board games at all, but even he was enjoying himself with this. This would be a great game to play with family and friends at holiday parties!
Check out Spontuneous with these links!
Twitter: www.twitter.com/spontuneous or @Spontuneous
Amazon: (Shipping to Canada can only occur if order is placed at this link) Please use this link, as it links to the Spontuneous Games storefront.
Hashtags: @Spontuneous, #HolidayGiftGuide
Weekly photo/lyric contest for a game giveaway at